Entries to be placed on the Official Entry/Registration Form provided in the centre of the Schedule or downloaded from this website (via links to the left) and despatched to the appropriate Secretary - before the respective closing dates.
Showfield Holding No. 08/392/8000
No person may bring (cattle and sheep) to a licensed event unless they are registered with the secretary.
Cheques to be made payable to:
PENRITH AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY and Fees to accompany entries
Cattle numbers will be within The Animal Licenced Area on the day.
Rules and Regulations
1. Membership is open to all applicants who complete the relevant forms and pay a minimum of £3.50 for a junior (under 16), £12.50 for a single, £24 for a double membership by the 1st June Annually. This membership entitles the member to a badge, granting entry to the Penrith Show that year. Vice Presidents and Life Members are “by invitation” of the General Committee.
2. All entries must be made on printed forms, FULLY completed and returned to the appropriate Secretary, with payment by the dates given in the schedule. Late entries will not be accepted. Details will be stored on a computer and published in the Show Guide. They are also available to any relevant breed society and DEFRA. Results and details will be available to the press and breed societies for publication after the Show.
3. Entry fees will only be refunded in the case of the show being cancelled, less a small handling fee.
4. All Animals to be the property of the exhibitors at time of entry except for exhibits in the horse classes.
5. No animal shall come before the judge more than once, except in the case of championships, specials, leaping classes and where otherwise stated.
6. All stock should be led and in the hands of competent person.
7. Bulls must be secured by a ring in the nose with a chain attached, otherwise they cannot be admitted to the show field. In accordance with www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/ais35
8. One person attending with each lot on behalf of the exhibitor must be acquainted with the particulars required to be certified regarding the stock of which they are in charge.
9. Certificates/Movement permits should be available in all appropriate cases.
10. Breed Society rules will also apply in their respective classes.
11.All exhibitors must follow any instructions given by Society Stewards and officials without argument.
12. Vehicles must be parked in a sensible manner and moved if requested by a Society Official or Steward.
13. CATTLE PASSPORTS will be required to be presented on Show Day and ear numbers stated on entry forms.
14. HORSE PASSPORTS must be available for inspection on Show Day. In some classes e.g. Veterans, copies of the horse passport must be sent with the application form.
15. SHEEP exhibitors must state whether their entries are MV or Non MV on their forms. Segregation will be strictly enforced.
16. All committees (appropriate quorum) reserve the right to disqualify any animal exhibited in breach of the Society Rules.
17. Any protest against an entry shall be in writing accompanied by a deposit of £50, to be handed to the Secretary before the start of the Grand Parade. Any such protest will be investigated by two stewards and a Vet and the owner required to prove the correctness of the entry or forfeit the prize money. In the event of the protest being unsustained the deposit shall be forfeited to the funds of the Society.
18. All livestock must be on the Show field by 9am and may not leave before the Grand Parade
19. Exhibitors may apply for extra tickets for family and friends at £8 instead of the normal admission rates.
20. Animals may not enter the judging ring, once judging has commenced. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to make sure they are in the ring at the correct time.
21. The judge’s decision is final. Any dispute must be brought to the Secretary’s attention, without disrupting any current/subsequent classes.
22.At all times exhibitors and their entourage must conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to a family show.
23. In the interests of the public and for safety reasons the committee reserve the right to (i) cancel the show and or (ii) to refuse vehicles onto the show field.
24. The Society will not be liable in respect of any claim for loss, injury or damage which any stock, article or person may sustain from accident or otherwise at/or in connection with the show, except in the case of proven negligence on behalf of the Society.
25. All livestock exhibitors should ensure they have adequate public liability insurance cover.
26. The Committee using their discretion may refuse or remove any competitor or member of the public from the show field.
27. All cups and trophies are to be held by the winner for one year, except if otherwise stated, and be their responsibility during the year in which they have custody thereof. They remain the property of Penrith Agricultural Society and must be returned polished and in good condition by 1st June via Dodd & Co, Fifteen, Montgomery Way, Rosehill, Carlisle, CA1 2RW or to The Secretary, Oswald House, Kirkoswald, Penrith, CA10 1DQ
28. Non-compliance with any of the above may result in expulsion from the Show and/or subsequent refusal of future applications.